If only I actually did, everything I thought about doing.
Can you relate?
I seriously make mental lists several times a day, always having these grandious intentions....and then....
Wait for it.
I am lucky if maybe one or two things actually get done.
I think quite honestly if one or two things get done on that list, then the day was a success.
Take for example yesterday.
I woke up. Had a mental list of "to do's" a mile long.
1. Get my tire that has been in the back of my car fixed.
2. Run to the Dollar Store to get a couple gift bags.
3. Grocery shopping.
4. Go with husband/son to get hair cuts, new pair of shoes.
5. Move the bookshelf out of the closet downstairs put in kids room.
6. Tackle the never ending pile of laundry.
7. Clean the bathrooms (really clean the bathrooms; not just a quick wipe down)
8. Clean out the refridgerator.
9...the list goes on an on.
You get it.
Out of all the above. The one item that I was able to actually complete. #8. I just couldn't stand it. Never made it to any of the other items.
Instead, I spent the morning just hanging out with the littles, went to Tyler's basketball game in the afternoon and then met up with my oldest daughter for Happy Hour and a movie in the evening. Much better alternatives, I think.
If only I actually did, everything I thought about doing...I wouldn't have the time nor energy to spend quality time with my kids. I will take that any day over a spotless house. How about you?