I was racking my brain yesterday for a dip that would taste good with multiple transports and I think I nailed it! And....it was not the pre-made store bought. Although, it wasn't like "real" home made in the sense that I milked the cow, aged the cheese, grew the onions, etc (who has time for that) it was still home made by my hands which is always better.
The best part it only took me about 10 minutes to make.
Here is what you need:
(2) 8oz packages of Cream Cheese
(1) Packet of Onion Soup
(1) Ready To Serve Bacon Pieces (in the salad dressing aisle)
(1) Cup Shredded Cheese
1/2 Cup of Sour Cream
1. Melt your cream cheese in a microwave safe dish (about 45 seconds in microwave)
2. Stir in your Onion Soup into Cream Cheese
3. Stir in your Bacon Pieces into Cream Cheese
4. Add 1/2 cup of cheese
5. Heat for 25 seconds in microwave just long enough for the cheese to melt
6. Add the remaining cheese
7. Heat for another 25 seconds in microwave just long enough for the cheese to melt
8. Stir in Sour Cream to thin out the consistency OR if you like it thick, then do not add the Sour Cream
You can eat this warm with pieces of Bread, Pita Bread, Naan, or cold with veggies, crackers, pretzels, or chips.
Also, instead of using Cream Cheese you can make this healthier by using Greek Yogurt or Neufchatel Cheese.