Saturday, November 14, 2020

Over or Under

In light of my most recent post I have decided I need more veggies in my life but I "loathe" buying a boatload of veggies when so often we don't eat them fast enough (and they spoil) and/or don't eat them at all. Such a waste either way.

My daughter loves salad so I try to incorporate a green salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, and croutons in a lot of our dinners. Ohh and these yummy Salad Toppers. These literally make the salad for me; just sayin.  Problem is that we then drench it in Ranch.  Not really (lol but still probably use too much). I am trying to create a new habit of dipping my salad in the ranch rather than pouring the ranch on the salad. It makes a difference of how much I use, for sure. I learned this little trick years back when I was part of Weight Watchers. Do they still recommend that trick?

Now I just need to convince my son to eat more vegetables. He literally will only eat snap peas and cucumbers. Cucumbers are super yummy though especially fresh from the garden or farmers market. Not that I have had either recently (my failure at my garden this past spring/summer is a whole other post).  And farmers markets these days are closed due to either Covid or the cold weather that is now settling in. Ughh.

Cucumbers. They really do pack a punch. They are full of water (in case you are thirsty) and loads of vitamins (Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5 and B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Iron, Calcium, Zinc, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Potassium). Some say they are over rated, I personally think they deserve more credit. 

You can also use cucumbers to cool sunburns. I may need this, this next week for where I am headed.  I will share that on another blog post.  You can place on your eyes to reduce puffiness. I can go on...but I won't. You get it. 

Cucumbers are amazing! 

Just make sure you peel them. I use a peeler that is similar to the OXO Good Grip Swivel Peeler.  Check it out on Amazon. Super affordable and just in time for peeling potatoes for those famous mashed potatoes for your holiday gatherings. (I must confess there are some recent years where I use instant potatoes. I don't have time for that. The peeling. The boiling. The mashing...Sorry, just keeping it real.)

Did you know: That the "cool as a cucumber" came about because there is sometimes a  20° temperature difference between the inside of a cucumber and the actual temperature outside.

What do you think?  Cucumbers. Over rated or under rated?

What is your favorite vegetable?  




You might also like this post: Confessions of a Non Superwoman # 31.


Source: Fact Site


This is not a paid endorsement however if you purchase the item from my link I will receive a small commission. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -