Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Cheater, Cheater, Pumpkin Eater....

Occasionally, I cheat...on dinner that is...Monday night, things were a bit hairy to say the least in our household.  I even actually came home from work early but it was still a bit hectic....Anywho, since my weekend was even "more" chaotic than Monday, I didn't get a chance to grocery shop...What is a mom to do for dinner for her family?  Drive Thru?  Pizza?  Nah, that would require leaving the house with all the kids in tow...or paying top dollar for delivery...definetly not in our budget for the week...

I threw together a hodge podge of "italian" items and made Pasta Soup. 

"Cheaters" Pasta Soup

(1) Jar of Ragu (or you can use a couple cans of tomato soup or tomato sauce and add your "own" seasonings)
(1) Jar of Water
(1) Diced Zuchinni
(1) Diced Onion
Sausage (or other meat you might have on hand)
Noodles (again any kind will work; I used elbow macaroni because that is what I had)

Throw everything but the noodles in the crock pot.  Cook on high for 3-4 hr.  The last 30 minutes throw the noodles in.  You want the noodles to be "al dente" rather than fully cooked and mushy.

Prep time:  15 mins
Cook time:  3-4 hrs

Add a side salad and some garlic bread and there you have it.  Dinner is served!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -