I think I found my new favorite pasta dish.
Spacon Penne Pasta.
What is Spacon you ask? Spinach + Bacon= Spacon.
And I used Turkey Bacon so still the *ahhhsome* taste but a fraction of the fat and calories of regular pork bacon.
1 package of Turkey Bacon
1 16oz box of Penne Pasta
1 bunch of Fresh Spinach (washed and diced)
1 can of diced tomatoes (or fresh ones which is what I used)
2 tablespoons of garlic salt
1. In frying pan, cook bacon til crispy. Drain excess fat. Set aside.
2. Cook pasta as directed on box. While pasta is cooking....
3. Cook diced tomatoes and garlic in pan lightly coated with Olive Oil (if use canned tomatoes, drain juice).
4. Put diced spinach in colander, pour penne pasta with water into colander to drain. This will wilt the spinach.
5. Dice up cooked bacon.
6. Combine pasta/spinach into bowl along with cooked tomatoes/garlic. Add bacon pieces.
Lightly coat with some Parmesan Cheese.
Serve with side salad, french bread or whatever tickles your fancy.
Mouthwatering deliciousness with less guilt. You're welcome!