Friday, February 18, 2011

5 on Friday

This is what's for dinner tonight.

Another week that I didn't get a chance to make my "5 on Friday"
meal before Friday.

I hate that but too many activities going on this week.

Broccoli & Garlic Penne Pasta


Ingredients

  • 1 can chicken broth
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced or garlic salt/powder to taste (I typically use garlic salt)
  • 3 cups broccoli florets
  • 4 1/2 cups penne pasta, cooked and drained
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice

Directions
  1. Heat the broth, garlic and broccoli in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat to a boil.
  2.  Reduce the heat to low. 
  3. Cover and cook until the broccoli is tender-crisp.
  4. Cook penne pasta as directed, drain 
  5. Add the broccoli into the pasta and lemon juice
  6. Toss to coat.


Photo Courtesy of Vegeta.com



Pair with a side salad and slice of garlic bread. 


Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. I hear you on too many activities. My hubs works out of town and my boys have me running around in circles,lol.

    Great recipes. I love making pasta. It's quick and delicious.

    Visiting from BlogFrog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!

    That pasta looks so good!
    I am a new follower from the ramblings of a stay at home mom blog! Come follow me at www.oneinspiredmom.blogspot.com

    Have a great Friday! :)

    Becky <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy! (if only I liked broccoli) Thanks for stopping by my blog and following. I am now following you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious! I am visiting from Mama's Little Nestwork. I made some changes and if you are not listed yet in the category you chose then please add your button. Come and visit our featured Nestwork writers starting next week. Any Nestwork member can write. If you are interested just e-mail me or comment in the Nest. Have a great day!

    Mama Hen
    www.mamaslittlenestwork.com
    www.mamaslittlechick.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This delicious meal looks like it would go particularly well with a cold glass of something light - Pinot Grigio perhaps?

    Felicity x

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -