Thursday, February 3, 2011

Dreaming of Beggin' Strips ?

Remember this commercial?  Do they play it on channels in your area?  This is actually one of the newer versions. 

There is another one that I found but it didn't have a share link.  The one that has the lady with the teased BIG blond hair.  Must have been from the 80's.  (not hating on the 80's I grew up in the 80's too just an honest observation)

So my point of this particular post is actually quite funny, to me at least.  I was up late last night writing blogs (not this one of course) and upon turning into bed was thinking about "saving bacon" i.e. money.  This commercial was actually in my dream last night and the only thing I can link it to is "saving bacon".  

(Sidenote about the whole saving bacon, our 3yr old son I think, thinks, my husband and I really make bacon for a living.  When he asks where we are going, when we leave for work, we have always said, going to make the bacon...lol) 

I am like a hound, sniffing my way through the stores for the best deals, cutting coupons, comparison shopping, etc my way to savings.  I do not particular like shopping but grocery shopping is different for me these days.  There are obviously other things I would rather do than grocery shop but my family needs to eat so...

Grocery shopping now is like a game.  Each week I get more competitive.  How much money can I save this week? 

Kinda like this dog in search of the elusive beggin strips....






I took my MIL shopping this past week and found myself pointing out several things for her to buy at this particular store (Grocery Outlet) vs what not too buy because I knew she could get it on sale at another store for much less.  I was on a roll.  I think she ended up saving $50+ dollars on the trip and she didn't buy anything that she wouldn't normally buy (which is the key); she just bought it for less. 

I went to Safeway this past grocery trip and they do tend to be more expensive than other stores in our area but overall, I did pretty well.  I spent $97.48 for the week.  And I think the only reason why I probably spent a little bit more than I typically do is because I bought my produce at Safeway which I usually go to the Growers Outlet to purchase. 

My menu for the week is not too shabby:

Sunday: Cheese Quesidillas & SW Corn
Monday: Bean & Cheese Burritos, Green Beans
Tuesday:  Baked Pork Chops, Macaroni & Cheese, Steamed Broccoli and Cauliflower
Wednesday: Fajitas & Tortilla Chips/Salsa
Thursday: Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes and Mixed Veggies
Friday:  Chili & Cornbread
Saturday: Grilled Cheese Sandwich & Tomato Soup

 (As you can tell our family likes Mexican inspired meals plus this week because of Superbowl, a lot of the ingredients have been on sale for these meals. Win-Win situation)

I also bought several snack items, milk products and lunch items too!



Beggin..........



Do you ever have really weird dreams and think, "What the heck?" "Where did that come from?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -