Chicken & Chili Empanadas
1-2 lbs shredded Chicken Breast (diced in small pieces)
2 pkgs Pillsbury Biscuits (large ones)
1 med-lg onion, diced
1 can of green chili
Garlic salt/powder OR fresh garlic, diced
16 oz cream cheese
16 oz shredded cheese
16 oz sour cream
Salt N Pepper
1. Coat deep frying pan with olive oil.
2. Add in diced onions & garlic
3. Heat on med until onions are caramelized.
4. Add in diced chicken breast. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook until golden brown. 10-12 minutes.
5. While chicken browning, break apart the diced chicken chunks to where it is almost ends up "shredded".
6. While cooking chicken (or you can do this before you even start) take your biscuits out of can and roll flat using a rolling pin. Make sure to add flour to your work area so they roll out nicely without sticking on rolling pin/work area. (They should end up about 8")
7. Put your sour cream, cream cheese, can of green chili and cheese into large bowl. Mix.
8. Once chicken done, add chicken to sour cream, cream cheese, green chili, cheese mix. Since the chicken is warm, it will melt all the ingredients and mold them together.
9. Place a couple tablespoons of the mixture into the middle of your rolled out biscuits.
10. Fold over. Close the sides of the biscuits by placing your fork on the edge, working around the folded biscuit until it is completely closed.
11. Put small vent in the top of each of the biscuits (otherwise they will blow up).
12. Cook on a baking sheet in oven on 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until the top of each of the biscuits are golden brown.
Serve with a side of sour cream, guacamole or salsa.
They just melt in your mouth! Our family loved these!