Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I Love Candy

I Love Candy by Christ August.  Love this guy!

No worries though, he hasn't abandoned his Christian Contemporary music career for a  Rap-Hip Hop career.





I am not a huge sweets fan but every now and again I like me some Peanut M&M's.  And I do get a little nostalgic when I think about the little treats my cousins and I would buy at the corner market (with the money we *borrowed* from our grandpas jacket pocket).

Remember Zotz, Smarties, Bottlecaps, Flicks (loved these!), Lemonheads, Boston Baked Beans, Now N Laters, Pop Rocks? 

Don't even get me going on the Powder Gum Cigarettes.  Remember those and how *cool* you thought you were; smoking at age 5,6,7 (Maybe that was just me?).    I could go on and on.  Ohh the memories.   They just don't make'm like they used to.






What was your favorite candy as a child?  Does certain candy trigger fond memories of childhood?





**The above Old Time Candy button contains an affliate link. 

2 comments:

  1. I thought those candy cigarettes were cool too. I couldn't figure out why my mom didn't want me to buy them!

    I also loved fun dip and Big League Chew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby and I both fondly remember those candy cigarettes, lol. And oh the Big League Chew!! My grandfather was a tobacco chewer and he always had those pouches of tobacco. My little brother and I loved when he would get us our own pouches of BLC. When he would load up his cheek with his tobacco, we would load ours with our own "tobacco." Good memories... :)

    Another favorite of mine was, and still is, Spree candy. I still love to pick up a roll every time we go the movies (dunno why I equate theater and Spree, but I do). I may only eat a few of them, but it's just one of those things I haven't let go of.

    Great post! :)

    Katie
    Georgia mommy, homeschooling two boys since 2005

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -