Friday, June 17, 2011

He Bangs, He Bangs

A portion of this is actually a repost of a post I did back on November 9, 2010.


No, not Ricky Martin or William Hung...our tornado of a little boy, Hayden...He bangs on anything and everything in site these days...The kitchen table, the coffee table, pots and pans...  I even caught him with our canisters in the kitchen.  Anything that he can get his hands on that makes noise...he bangs!  Our poor kitchen table...you can definitely tell where Hayden sits because it has little marks from him banging his spoon or fork or whatever he has in his hands at the time. 

Maybe I should get him a drum set...OR maybe not.


Fast forward to today....

His birthday is Saturday and for his birthday we bought him some drums.  Not real drums per se but enough of a drum that hopefully it will be music to my ears rather than the horrible banging on bowls or cups or whatever else he can find at the moment.  I literally hear the banging in my head late at night when the house is quiet and everyone is sleeping but me.  It's like one of those hooks in a song that you just can't shake.

We bought him some Paper Jamz Toy Drums like these (just not pink):

WowWee Paper Jamz Drum Set - Style 3@ Amazon.com

I am actually looking forward to hopefully the rat-a-tat-tat or ba-dum-bum on the drums rather than the clank-clank-clank on my bowls. 

Who knows this could be the beginning of a life long druming career?  Maybe he will be in the drumline in high school?  (That would actually be really cool, love the drumline in bands and the movie Drumline was a really good movie).






I believe that every person is born with talent. ~Maya Angelou

3 comments:

  1. You're so much braver than I! I wouldn't buy the Kid drums! (And if anyone else bought the Kid drums they would answer to me! *Insert crazy wild eyed Mommy face*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought my nephew drums. Well actually it came with a band set.

    Wouldn't you know he loved them and my sister in law would always remind me of that little present!!

    He doesn't play drums he is a cop now. Do you think she can have him arrest me for assault to her ears? haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Hayden! I believe that is how Justin Beber started out -banging on everything! You may have a superstar on your hands! I loved the clip of Drumline. Thank you for your comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -