It was a *huge* hit this past week in our house. Kaylyn I swear ate 3 helpings.
1 can of cream style corn
1 can of sweet corn
1 box of cornbread mix
1/3 cup of butter (melted)
1 can of black beans (or other beans of choice)
1/2 cup of salsa (or tomatoes with green chilies)
1 cup of cheese
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix cream style corn, sweet corn, muffin mix (dry), butter and eggs.
3. Pour into 11 x 9 baking dish.
4. Bake for 30-40 minutes. (Insert toothpick into middle and if it comes out clean then cornbread should be done)
5. Heat beans, salsa and some cheese in small pan over medium heat.
6. Cut corn bread into squares.
7. Top with the bean/salsa sauce. Sprinkle additional cheese on top.
8. Add a dollop of sour cream if you like.
I paired this with a mexican salad. Yum! Yum!
This is definitely a recipe I am putting in regular rotation.