Sunday, February 19, 2012

Ready As I Will Ever Be



Everyone keeps asking, are you ready?  Are you packed?  Do you have everything?  Are you scared?  Are you nervous?

And I say, "I am as ready as I will ever be."

I am sure I will forget something. 

I am sure I will forget to do something at work and all heck will break lose. 

I am 150% certain that the house is not as organized and as clean as I would like it to be before I leave.

But I am heading out the door to yonder parts of the world regardless. 

I am a bit nervous for the long flight. 

I am a bit anxious for leaving my family.

I am a bit scared for the adventure I am about to embark on.

But I am heading out the door to yonder parts of the world regardless of all my uncertainty, fears, anxieties. 

I have been given an opportunity that not to many people get and I am going to make the best of it.  And that is all that I can wish and hope for.

I am not going to eradicate extreme poverty.  I am not going to change the world.  Cure cancer.

But I will hopefully change a few lives of the people in the villages I meet. 

And I am 150% certain I will be changed forever.

I leave you with this.


Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.~ Mark Twain



New to my blog?  Want to know where I am going?  Read this or this.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -