Saturday, August 25, 2012

Waterpik...Ohh How I Love Thee.



Braces.  One word:  EXPENSIVE. 


I know they are for the better good of your mouth, oral hygiene and overall look but man, you can buy a decent USED car for the cost of braces these days. 

And want to know what is even more expensive?   When two kids need braces. 

And EVEN more expensive? When after kid #1 gets said braces off, she then needs her teeth bleached because of the lack of good brushing and flossing habits, a whole lot of ickiness was left behind and in between brackets leaving plaque buildup.  I know YUCK! 

Fast forward a few years and now we are on kid #2.  This time I know better! Brushing GOOD & Flossing is happening every day round these mouth parts.  We are not going for another ride.

Now we are using the Waterpik Flosser and Sonic Toothbrush System.  And it is FABULOUS and so much more fun than *regular* old brushing and flossing for not only the little but for Tyler too.  Both Tyler and Hayden love using the flossers, they often times laugh while flossing because it tickles, subsequently they spit water all over the bathroom mirror, but oh wellThey are flossing ; that is what I have to keep in mind.  And the different flossing tips they can use make oral hygiene so EASY.

The tip that Tyler has been using the most is the Orthodontic tip which can get in between and behind the brace brackets the easiest to clean out the ickiness that he is not getting with brushing. Brushing with the Sonic Toothbrush system is 159% better than manual brushing. So between the brushing and flossing with the Waterpik Complete package I am crossing fingers, that there will be no need for bleaching when his braces are taken off. 

Hayden has been using the classic jet tip on the flosser which has 3 pressure settings and gets in between teeth and below the gum line with ease.  He just went to the dentist the other day and has a few minor surface cavities in between a few teeth,  I am sure because of not flossing very well.  Brushing is not enough.  I am hoping with the Waterpik Waterflosser this will be a thing of the past.  And his waterflosser base came with cute little removal decals so he can decorate it.  His very own flossing machine masterpiece.  I figure anything that I can do to encourage flossing the better off we will be.

The Waterpik Waterflosser is 50% more effective than regular floss in reversing gingivitis and improving overall gum health.  Now I am not a dentist or hygienist for that matter (but my aunt is) and she just raves about the Waterflosser and now we do too!  Ohh how I love thee!  Regular flossing is "like" so last year. 

Go back to school with bright white and clean teeth.   "Like" Waterpik on Facebook and get a $10.00 off coupon for the Waterpik Waterflosser for Kids.  And there is also a $10.00 off coupon for the Waterpik Waterflosser & Sonic Toothbrush Complete Care Package here.






Happy Brushing and Flossing!





I received free product in exchange for this post. All opinions expressed are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -