1 bag of Penne Pasta (.99)
1 yellow squash (sliced in quarters) (.99)
1 zucchini (sliced in quarters) (.99)
1 onion (diced) (had this already from last weeks grocery run)
1 can of diced tomatoes with garlic and oregano seasoning ($1.49)
1/2 cup Feta Cheese ($2.99 on sale)
1/2 cup of Creamy Balsamic Salad Dressing (already had this)
1. Cook Penne Pasta as directed on bag and drain.
2. Saute vegetables in pan coated with olive oil. (10-15 mins). You want them to be al dente not too mushy. Make sure to continuously stir around so not to burn.
3. Add can of tomatoes and salad dressing the last 5 or so minutes. Stir. Make sure to drain some of the juice so not too runny.
4. Mix vegetables and Penne pasta together.
5. Add Feta Cheese into all of the pasta & vegetables OR you can sprinkle it on each individual dish. (That is what I did since I wanted to make sure I got my share of the Feta. Did I tell you how much I love Feta Cheese or cheese for that matter? Feta cheese to me is like Parmigiana Reggiano cheese is to Rachel Ray. Everything to me tastes better with Feta.)
It should come out looking something like this:
Pair with some piping hot garlic bread ($1.99).
My taste buds were dancing! Hip-Hip-Hooray!
By the way, this was also a very frugal dinner. Total cost: $9.44. Fed 2 adults, 2 1/2 children. Miss K had some noodles.