Monday, December 31, 2012

Menu Plan Monday 12/31



I know it is the 31st but technically this will be the first week of MPM for the New Year.  I am excited, are you?

I am turning over a new leaf this year, Operation Shed Some Pounds has begun and my MPM posts will hopefully show that we are eating a bit healthier (not that we were eating unhealthy but...I am throwing in lots of exercise now too).  I am kicking the full on vegetarian eating to the curb because honestly I think that was more counterproductive than it was beneficial for my body and even my doctor agreed.  I will still be making some vegetarian meals but also eating leaner meats and barely any red meat still since that is where I have most of my digestive problems.

Here is what is on our menu for the first week:


Sunday

Homemade Mac N Cheese*


Monday

Spacon Penne Pasta (Spinach and Turkey Bacon= Spacon)
Green Salad

Tuesday

Crockpot Pork Tenderloin
Baby Red Potatoes
Carrots

Wednesday

Red Bean & Rice Burritos
Applesauce

Thursday

Mexican Shepard's Pie (w/lean ground beef)
Tostitos Chips & Salsa

Friday

3 Bean Chili (w/low fat sour cream & cheese)

Saturday

TBA

Yes, you may have noticed several Mexican dishes.  We like Mexican food as do the kids AND in honor of the Oregon Ducks who are in the Fiesta Bowl on Thursday we tailored our meal plan accordingly.  Quack! Quack! 

*This is definitely not a healthy meal. My husband made this for dinner while I was at a basketball game with our older son.



What is cookin' in your kitchen this first week of the New Year?


 
happy new year 2013
I am linking my menu up with I'm An Organized Junkie and so can you!

3 comments:

  1. MPM definitely keeps me on track. I actually look forward to Mondays!
    Your menu plan looks delicious.
    Have a wonderful week and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenn -- I am always inspired by people who can plan a week's menu. It makes my mind start conjuring up the possibilities were I do to so! and, like you, I've begun my year with a commitment to shed some pounds. I'm glad to know I've got great company! Thanks. I'll be following along.... :) Happy new Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering about that mac and cheese. ha! Menu looks yummy and healthy, otherwise, though. Visiting from Menu Plan Monday. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -