Vitamin B1, C, E, K, Omega 3.Check.
This weeks 5 on Friday is none other than the quick, easy, budget friendly CHEESY TUNA CASSEROLE!
Or Tuna Mac as we call it in our house. Casserole sounds to elaborate to me.
Cheesy Tuna Mac
- 1 package of elbow macaroni (or you can use most any other pasta noodles you have on hand)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheese soup
- 1 soup can of milk
- 2 cans (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1-2 cup frozen peas or fresh/canned peas
- Cook the noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Stir in the cheese soup w/ milk while on stove top on low heat
- Add the tuna & peas, continue to stir and heat for 5-7 minutes until tuna & peas are warm.
- Mix cooked noodles, soup mix, tuna & peas into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish
- Add a layer of bread crumbs on top
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through.
There are tons of other variations for this recipe:
- Add carrot shavings
- Add small slices of celery
- Add a layer of cheese rather than bread crumbs if you cook in the oven
- Instead of cheese soup use cream of mushroom soup
- Add broccoli instead of peas
- Want a little bit of zing? Add pimentos or onions.
*I was not going to use this dish as my 5 on Friday meal originally therefore I did not take a picture of it.