Low (er) Fat Lasagna. Yes, there is such a thing.
I made this last night for Sunday night dinner.
- 1-2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can of diced tomatoes with Garlic & Basil (Italian Blend)
- 32 ounces low fat small curd cottage cheese
- 3 cups low fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bag of fresh spinach (in salad section)
- 2 eggs
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 15 boiled lasagna noodles (al dente)
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large skillet over medium heat brown the ground beef. Drain the grease.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes to meat. Heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, eggs, salt and pepper.
- In the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish evenly spread 5 of your lasagna noodles across the bottom of dish.
- Spread half of your meat/tomatoes mixture on top of the lasagna noodles
- Layer 1/2 of the your cottage cheese mixture on top of the meat/tomatoes mixture.
- Place a layer of spinach on top of tomatoes/meat mixture.
- Sprinkle layer of mozzarella cheese on top (approx 1 cup).
- Cover with 5 lasagna noodles, repeat steps 5-8 (spreading the rest of meat/tomatoes and cottage cheese mixture).
- Spread 5 additional lasagna noodles across top.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese on top of noodles.
- Add 1/2 cup water to the edges of the pan. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F(175 degrees C) oven for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Hopefully I didn't miss anything. There were a lot of steps to this dinner.