Monday, November 2, 2020

This I Know For Sure

My mom. May she rest in peace. 

Growing up I didn't spend a whole lot of time with my mom for various reasons (that I will probably share in another blog post down the road). But when I did, there were definite things that I hold on to, to this day...some are heavy while others are light hearted.


Heavy

Don't rely on anyone, especially a man, for your financial well being. Make your own money. 

Light

If you can't beat them, join them. (It was always in an odd context that she would use this)

Heavy

Never trust someone who says "trust me" or who opens a sentence with "to be honest"...That has always been a no brainer.

Light

Moisturize. Moisturize. Moisturize.  LOL

In all seriousness, trust me, (lol). Do that last one for sure!  My daughter always gets compliments on her great looking skin. And for sure genetics has something to do with mine and my daughters skin BUT I took this to heart and have washed my face and moisturized DAILY for as long as I can remember. 



It makes such a world of difference. And for the longest time I would use the "expensive" stuff from the local department store. Think Clinique or Estee Lauder from Macy's...paying an arm and a leg or two for a super small bottle of moisturizer.... 

UNTIL a few years ago when one of my more experienced friends shared her secret of her soft, smooth, minimally, wrinkled skin. Wanna know the secret?

.

.

.

.

.

.

.






Something so simple and not very expensive AT ALL. You can buy it here on Amazon, Walgreens, Target, Walmart...and you don't have to use much so it lasts a long time. But use it daily after you shower or washing your face**. I am in the upper half of my 40s and I still get carded at times and people think I am my oldest daughter's sister. 

Gotta love that!



**There are several types of Cerave lotion specific for your face or other body parts. They are also labeled with different skin types so please read the labels to choose the one that best fits your skin type. 


You might also like this post. The "G" word.


This is not a paid endorsement however if you purchase the item from my link I will receive a small commission. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -