Are you one of them?
Below you will find a few tips on ways to shop safe online (on Cyber Monday or anytime):
- Only purchase from trusted retailers sites (check for “s” in https:// and in the lower-right corner for the “lock” symbol before paying)
- Do not purchase items from unsolicited email links
- Do not respond to unsolicited emails verifying account information
- Pay with credit card because your credit card most often has some type of fraud protection which will refund your money should you not receive your merchandise
- Always watch your statements for incorrect charges
- Make sure to keep all your order information handy i.e. order number, confirmation email, company contact info, etc...
- Make sure you know the return policy just in case (before you hit the "buy" button)
- Do your own price comparison (www.bizrate.com and www.pricegrabber.com)
- And last but not least, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is!
I found this great website that highlights the best deals from over 700 online retailers. www.cybermonday.com
Here's to shopping in your pj's in the comfort of your own home!