Beef Portabello & Broccoli
Season the beef as desired. Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until it's well browned, stirring often. Pour off any fat. Add the mushrooms or mushroom soup, cook until the mushrooms are tender and/or soup slightly boiling. Stir in the stock. Add the broccoli and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the beef is cooked through and the broccoli is tender. Serve the beef and broccoli by itself, with another side item OR over noodles or rice and call it good.
- 2 boneless beef sirloin steak or top round steak (about 2 pound), cut into 1-inch cubes (Or use stir fry meat which is already sliced which is what I do)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced baby portobello mushrooms or 2 regular portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced (OR you can substitute with mushroom soup which is what I do)
- 1 cup Swanson® Beef Stock
- 2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli
Crockpot Pork Roast (Pork Roast on sale at Safeway for $2.99/lb)
Stew vegetables (can use fresh pots/celery/onion/carrots OR frozen stew vegetables if your are crunched for time)
- 1 boneless pork roast (about 3 pounds)
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup water
- 6 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3 celery stocks, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
Spray 5-qt. crock pot with vegetable oil spray (like Pam). Put vegetables in the crock pot. Cut pork roast in half; place meat fat side up on top of the vegetables. Combine onion soup mix and water; pour over roast. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or on low for 10-12 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160 - 170 degrees.
Since this is the night before Thanksgiving and I will probably be doing last minute shopping, cleaning, food prep for Thanksgiving day tonights meal will be quick and easy.
Quesidillas (we have a Quesidilla maker which we bought at a garage sale years back. It is still one of my "best" finds. I love it!)
Spanish Rice (white or brown rice with salsa mixed in)
THANKSGIVING FEAST WITH ALL THE FIXINS!!
Come back and visit for my TBA meals. They will include Thanksgiving leftover recipes. I will post them on Wednesday.
Until next time....