Sunday, November 14, 2010

For The Love Of Sour Cream

While I was going through my refrigerator before doing my weekly shopping today I found that I buy sour cream almost every time I go shopping...I don't think that there has been a time in recent memory where there wasn't a tub of sour cream in our refrigerator. 

Not sure if that is good, bad or indifferent...



When I started to *analyze* my sour cream habit, I realized that I use sour cream (and cheese remember my "Ode to Cheese")  in a lot of my cooking...again, not sure how I feel about that...

Here are a few meals that I regularly make that I use sour cream in:

Chili (w/Sour cream and Frito Chips...the *BOMB*)
Mushroom Sauce (for pork chops)
Beef Stroganoff Sauce
Macaroni-n-Cheese (substitute milk/butter w/sour cream)
Any Mexican dish DEFINITELY calls for sour cream
Mashed Potatoes/Baked Potatoes
Quiche
Most dips (Ranch, Onion, Dill)
Baked Potato Soup
Tomato Soup

You can use sour cream for most milk based sauces and soups...gives it a little bit more of a zing and if you want lower fat, just use low fat sour cream.

I am starting to feel like Bubba Gump with shrimp....

Ok, I think I am officially hungry...moving on...


BTW---Tillamook Sour Cream, is the best but I could be biased being that we live so close to Tillamook.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -