Monday, November 22, 2010

Loaded Baked Potatoe Casserole

This is what I made for our church potluck last night. 

Thankfully, I was able to have some before they were all gone.   

They were D-E-L-I-S-H if I do so say myself. 

 

Ingredients

  • 2 bags of Hash Browns (do not fully defrost)
  • 2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (or more if you really like cheese)
  • 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (or you can cheat and get the "real" bacon bits for salads located in the salad dressing area of your grocery store; I cheated)
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) cans Campbell's® Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup*
  • 16 oz sour cream
  • Green Onions
  • Salt & Pepper to the taste
*Do not add milk to the soup.  The sour cream is the substitute.  If you use milk for soup plus the sour cream, it will come out soggy.

 

Directions

  1. Spray casserole dish (13x9 inch) with non stick cooking spray
  2. Spread the hash brown potatoes into the baking dish
  3. Bake for 20-30 mins at 375 degrees, mixing around often. (This allows them to crisp a bit rather than become too soggy)
  4. Stir the soup and sour cream into the potatoes.  Add bacon, onions salt and pepper. Stir.
  5. Bake for another 20-30 minutes or until hot. Stir periodically.
  6. Sprinkle cheese on top the last 5-10 mins.
  7. Cheese should be melted and golden brown when you remove from oven
  8. Serve while still hot so the cheese is nice and gooey
I am going to be a rebel this year and make these for Thanksgiving dinner rather than "ordinary" mashed potatoes.  I am sure they will be a hit!


Yummy!  Yummy!  Can't wait....






No comments:

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -