Monday, November 29, 2010

Here Is The Skinny....


On average statistics show *we* (I say we because I am including most adults that eat anything of substance) gain 7-10lbs between Thanksgiving and New Years….

Let me put that in perspective: *we* gain the weight of an average new born baby! 

Oh my, I think I may have gained that just as I was typing this post and if not then I probably already did at Thanksgiving and/or will by New Years for sure.  I am one of those that if I even *think* about chocolate cake it goes to my hips.

Between all of the actual holiday meals of Turkey, Ham, Stuffing, Green Bean Casseroles, Pies, the never ending potlucks at work, the "just one more" hor d'oeuvres at the company Christmas party, etc....it definitely makes it hard to stay on task.  Kinda like the *Freshman 15*, did any of you experience that?

Here are a few tips of ways to avoid becoming a statistic and not gain the *Holiday 10* as I like to call it.
  1. Practice Portion Control.  Everything in moderation.
  2. Stay active.  This is a no brainer.  Hopefully all that mall shopping will do us some good.
  3. Make your holiday meals healthier.  Instead of serving a pie or cake for dessert make something lower in fat with fruit.  Or instead of a "creamy" casserole dish make a vegetable dish.
  4. Don't party hungry.  Eat a healthier light meal at home before attending party.  Then you will be full and not so tempted to over eat on all the snacks.
  5. Do not overload on alcohol.  These are empty calories.  Drink water instead.
  6. And last but not least if you slip up, don't give up and continue to overindulge.  Start again on the next meal. It's never too late.


Here is to a happy and healthy baby holiday season!  Cheers!






 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -