Monday, November 14, 2011

Sweet Anaya ~Flying With The Angels

You may have seen the button on my left sidebar for a few weeks.  This was in honor of Anaya, a 2 year old little girl who had Infantile Krabbe Leukodystrophy.  Although I never met her or her family, I started following their story when they broke down in Salem, Oregon as they were headed south to California from BC.

On their journey down south they were trying to spread awareness about infant screening for this disease.  Currently only two states are required to screen for this disease.  Although, nobody knows what could have been for sweet Anaya had she been screened, at least there may have been a glimmer of hope.  Most children die within the first year after being diagnosed.

Unfortunately, getting to the sunshine was not in God's plan.  

She passed away yesterday surrounded by her family who so obviously loved and adored her.

Her life may have been cut short but she has truly impacted many.  I personally hope that her family continues to crusade in her honor so that other families will not have to go through what they did. 






To read more about her story go to Healing Anaya.

R.I.P Anaya.  May she be flying freely, seeing, hearing, and dancing in heaven under a rainbow of colors.

You have touched the lives of so many.  May your memory continue to live on.

1 comment:

  1. No parent should out live their child. Tragic story and loss of such a gorgeous little girl.

    I hate leaving chatty comments on such an honest and heartbreaking post, but I have to mention your awesome new blog design - I love it, job well done

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -