Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 5



Day 5 into my 12 in 2012 goals (not resolutions).

I have MADE it to day 5 with no caffeine.

It has not been an easy feat, let me tell you but I think, day 5, I am over the worst of it. 

I hope.

I pray.

No more headache.

No more can barely keep my eyes open at 2pm.

No more crazy grouchiness (maybe still a little but not sure that is due to lack of caffeine).

Crystal Light and me have become pretty close.  We are BFFs.  I have been drinking 2qts of water/Crystal Light a day instead. 

I am in this for the long haul.

This.Time.I.Promise.

The last time I tried to kick the caffeine addiction I was into day 2 and then Kaylyn was admitted into the NICU for emergency bronchoscopy when she got a sunflower seed shell lodged in her airway.  Read the story here.

Needless to say several caffeine filled nights later.  It didn't work.

But this time.

It is different. 

I figure by cutting out the caffeine of coffee and soda alone it will help me meet another one of my 12 in 2012 goals which is to lose a little weight.

You know soda and caffeine are just empty calories.

Here is to day 5!

I am feeling GOOD!

Did you make any goals (or resolutions)?  How is it working out so far?


Image Detail

2 comments:

  1. You are AMAZING! I couldn't do it...no way. I'm pretty proud of myself for 3 of 5 days of getting outside for a walk or run. But no caffeine? I don't even like to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giving up pop was hard for me. It meant giving up all flavored drinks because otherwise I was sucked right back in. I would crave it. December was bad for me, so many parties and so much pop at them all. I'm back to my water regimine and getting better each day.

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -