Saturday, November 30, 2013

Six Word Saturday



Is it Saturday, feels like it should already be
Monday since we have been off for a few days
due to the Thanksgiving Day holiday.
 
 
Speaking of that....
 
 
Carved that turkey like a boss!
 
That is my 6 words for today.
 
I am still carving!  No waste of a good bird in our house.
 
Do you use your turkey for left overs other than
sandwiches layered with stuffing and cranberry?
 
(That's how my husband makes them. 
I just like the bread, turkey and mayonnaise and I'm good.)
 
I made Turkey Chili yesterday.
 
I am making Turkey Enchiladas today.
 
And then probably a Turkey Casserole of some sort tomorrow.
 
Here is a link to a post I wrote a couple years ago
that has a few more ideas and the links to the recipes.
 
For those of you in the US that celebrate Thanksgiving
I hope you had a blessed holiday with your family.
 
Although we had a couple empty chairs this year,
we still remembered those we love and lost.
We had a wonderful day filled with
lots of family, food and laughter.
 
 
Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!
 


I am linking this post to Cate at Show My Face.
Want to join?
 
Post in 6 words what is happening in your life at the moment.
 
 
You can elborate or not, it is up to you.
 
Have fun!

12 comments:

  1. I'm making turkey/broccoli/wild rice casserole today--and will be eating leftover stuffing/gravy/mashed potatoes/sweet potatoes for the rest of the weekend! The leftovers are the best part! (Turkey enchiladas... that sounds good!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a good casserole, maybe that is what I will make tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. My favorite way to use up the turkey is to just eat it cold. I don't know why, but I love it that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do that as well, I have pulled off a few cold pieces to eat in the last day or so. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving holiday Jill!

      Delete
  3. Awesome, and I know that feeling my days are all mixed up too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shouldn't complain though it is nice to have a few extra days off.

      Delete
  4. We do the Enchiladas too. I also buy a relish tray and I like to take the leftover veggie's and make Turkey noodle soup. If my gravy is good I add some of that for flavor and a little of the drippings if there are any left. I have seen a recipe that uses leftover stuffing in the soup but I am not brave enough to try that! Hope the rest of your weekend is peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will use the stuffing for my casserole of some sort. Yeah, I dont know if I would try the stuffing in the soup. Hmmm, interesting. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a great rest of the weekend.

      Delete
  5. ah turkey- the bird that keeps on giving! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love how many meals you can make out of turkey leftovers. I saw a recipe on FB for Turkey Meatball sliders. They had a cranberry glaze and looked delish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I kind of envy the American tradition of Thanksgiving, it seems like a great idea to bring family together - not that we should need an excuse.

    Thanks for your message, life has been kind of crazy of late, I'm sure someone is sucking the hours out of my day without me realising. New job is sensational - I should have made the move a long time ago, but then maybe I wouldn't have found somewhere so perfectly suited for what I needed. I believed in me and landed a winner, so it all worked out as I'm sure it was meant to.

    It seems you've had some rough times of late, hope you and the family are doing okay. In keeping with the theme of thanksgiving - let me say thank you for being a source of support and understanding over the last year. Might have been small and from afar but its meant a lot.

    Take care, Fi x

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -