Thursday, July 18, 2013

Kids Say The Darndest Things



Isn't that the understatement of the year?

I have been compiling some funnies from the last couple weeks and thought I would share.

On the 4th of July after a full long day of sun and fireworks, we were on our way home around 11pm that night....kids all tuckered out, fell fast asleep within minutes of getting on the highway...

But alas....Hayden must of have been either faking or sleep talking because about 10 minutes in he pops up and says, "Are polar bears mean?"

I started busting up laughing, looked puzzled at my husband, because remember 2 seconds ago he was sound asleep.  And that was that.  Back to sleep he went.


Then the other night we were snuggling in bed reading books and you know that book I Love You Forever?  (One of my all time favorite books to read to the kids)...Anyways, after we were finished I was telling the kids how much I loved them and I had said that I loved them to the moon, across the ocean and back.... to which Hayden replies, "I love you more than your fat belly".  DOH!  So wasn't the nicest but was still funny none the less.  Of course, I had to chuckle because it was obviously with no ill intent, just a kid being a kid, saying the first thing that comes to mind. (Hey, if you can't laugh at yourself....)  (BTW, I am still working on losing weight, it is still a work in progress just like pretty much everything else these days).

And last but not least, I am my youngest daughters best friend.  Only me.  Nobody else and she will make sure you and anyone else knows at any given time.  Almost daily and multiple times a day she tells me I am her best friend.  MELTS.MY.HEART.  I know one day that probably won't be the case so I am going to cherish it while it lasts.

(2 of the 4, anyways)


Hope you have a fantabulous end to the week.  Happy Friday (a day early since I am posting this right now, tonight, Thursday; in case there was any confusion)!

Ok, really night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -