Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 20



I am staying strong.

20 days (but who is counting? Me!)

 No caffeine. 
.
.
.
No coffee. 
.
.
.
No Pepsi.
.
.
.
No Dr. Pepper.

It is just me and my Crystal Light.

With each passing day it gets easier and easier. It actually has not been very hard at all once I got over the first few days of having a headache.

I am also finding that I am eating out less for lunch so not to be tempted. And since no coffee in the am, not tempted to buy the Starbucks Breakfast Sandwiches.  This is really helping the checkbook.

My husband has decided to join the no soda club (although he will have an occasional cup of Joe).  He had a headache too for the first couple days but I think he is over that now.

Of course since I am not buying soda for home, Tyler, our 13 year old, is not drinking it either.

All these great residual effects of me not drinking caffeine.

I got this!


Image Detail

13 comments:

  1. Well done!

    This is something I would never try. Haha.

    Was it a health choice? Or just a because choice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I've never been a big caffeine drinker (no coffee or tea, and occasional Pepsi) but when I stopped drinking pop it was hard. I was big on Squirt and grape pop so no caffeine but going to just water was so hard having no flavor. Once I get past it I'm good, but I crave it like mad sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job!!! I know I need to give up Dr. Pepper. I have been drinking way to much of it lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not brave enough to avoid caffeine...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, we'll I would say you are a superwoman for giving up caffeine. That s brave. I'm not so brave. Following you from grumpy grateful lonely as I love that lady.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you!! That is awesome!

    Stopping by from the Good News! hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is awesome! Keep up the good work.

    Several years ago I cut out anything carbonated...for over a year. I don't drink it regularly anyway but It is a good habit to kick, none the less.

    Visiting from the Good News! Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on 20 days!!! And saving money! I LOVE Dr. Pepper and have to just stay away from the stuff. Thanks for sharing your good news!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 20 days is impressive! I gave up caffeine for my pregnancies, but it wasn't too hard because it was for them. Not sure I'd be strong enough to do it for myself! Way to go :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is awesome! :) I plan on doing this again at some point in time...soon. We used to not hardly drink pop at all and I lost like 10 pounds, and then for some reason we started drinking it a lot again, and it's so hard to stop! Not even for the caffeine, but for the taste. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations. 20 days is huge and looks like you've seen some great results for you and your family from it. I stopped by through "Good News" and am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations oh powerful one

    Give up my coffee, mmm not sure I'm that strong. I gave up smoking 6 months ago, that was tough, but caffeine as well. I know I need to, I should do, but oooh not sure I want to.

    You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! We have just learned to love Crystal Light at our house too.

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -