Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Puppy Chow

Heaven in a bite…(or handful or several handfuls in my case)


We had our Christmas Lunch today at work and one of my co-workers brought each of us a bucket of “Puppy Chow”.  Have you ever had that? 

Don’t let the name fool you like it almost did another one of our
co-workers….He started eating it and when the co-worker who gave it to us said, “How do you like the puppy chow?” he stopped mid bite… until he realized that was the name of this wonderful confection.


Not this Puppy Chow...




If made right, “Puppy Chow” melts in your mouth (not in your hand). 

Here is a recipe if you want to try it:

  • 1 (17.5 ounce) package crispy corn cereal squares
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration

Directions

1.        Put cereal in a large mixing bowl. Melt the butter or margarine, chocolate chips and peanut butter together. Pour over cereal and stir gently. Let cool.
2.        Once cool place coated cereal in a large bag add some confectioners' sugar and shake until coated.


This one!



Funny thing though (after eating half of the bucket myself) I actually removed it from my office and put it on the floor in our copy room so it was out of sight, out of mind…so I wouldn’t eat anymore.  The coworker that brought it in noticed it and says, “I know it's called “Puppy Chow” but come on.” 

It has since found its way back into my office and is calling my name…




Gotta go…I am being summoned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -