Friday, February 11, 2011

5 on Friday

For any new visitors, this is my "5 on Friday" series which is a main entree meal with 5 ingredients or less. 

I post one every Friday.  It is tried and true; all the recipes I  post are ones that I have used for quick and easy family dinners (and often times budget friendly since I am frugal like that).
Italian Chicken Wrap


Ingredients

  • 1-2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, baked/grilled/pan cooked, sliced into strips 
  • 1/2 cup Italian dressing
  • 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
  • 1/2 cup Roma tomatoes, quartered
  • 6-10 (10 inch)  tortillas

Directions

  1. Marinate chicken in Italian dressing for 15-20 mins
  2. I will be cooking our chicken on our George Forman grill but you can also bake it, grill it on BBQ or pan cook it. 
  3. To bake it, line cookie sheet with tin foil, spray with non stick cooking spray and bake in oven on 475 for 15-20 mins. 
  4. To pan cook it, spray pan with non stick cooking spray and cook on medium heat until done (15 mins).
  5. Spoon chicken slices down centers of tortillas.
  6. Add lettuce and tomatoes
  7. Fold in sides of tortillas, then roll up burrito-style.
Add a side of cole slaw, potato salad or macaroni salad and you have a quick and easy dinner.  Not too mention this one is a bit on the "healthier" side too.

There are several variations of this.  
  • Marinate in Cesar dressing and have it become a Cesar Chicken Wrap.
  • Add some Feta Cheese (did I say feta cheese?) and it is now a Greek Chicken Wrap. 
  • Add salsa and sour cream, instead of marinating in dressing, for a Southwestern Chicken Wrap.

It is up to you and your taste buds.  Have at it!





I will be making this tonight for our dinner therefore I do not have a picture of my own to post.  I will post it tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Your newest GFC Follower (#67)
    Following you from the Blog Hop~Shari

    http://www.1grown2togo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that sounds so yummy and easy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good! Always looking for good chicken recipes. I'm your newest follower from Friday follow.

    Love to you
    Kelly
    I've Become My Mother

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower from Stalk Hop Friday

    ~Darcy @ Tales From the Nursery
    www.darcyandbrian.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good! Always looking for good chicken recipes. I'm your newest follower from Friday follow.

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -