Friday, February 25, 2011

5 on Friday

For those of you that are new followers of my blog this is my 5 on Friday series.  A tried and true main entree recipe with 5 ingredients or less.  I post a new one every Friday. 


Last night my sinus' were acting up.  I am actually fighting a sinus infection I think so I chose a recipe that I knew would clear them quickly and that they did!  A little too much I think...might have to tone it down a bit next time.

 

Roasted Red Pepper & Grilled Onion Steak

Ingredients
  • 2 lbs Petite Sirloin steak  (On sale at Krogers/Fred Meyers this week for $2.99/lb)
  • 2 small onions, diced
  • 1/2 cup of Italian Dressing
  • Roasted Red Pepper flakes (to taste)
  • 2 cups of water*
*Technically water is not counted as an "ingredient" and you may need to use more water depending on the thickness of the steaks and how moist you want them to be.

Directions 

  1. Spray frying pan with with non-stick cooking spray.
  2. Pour Italian Dressing, Water , Red Pepper flakes and onions into pan, bring to low boil.
  3. Add steak, flip steaks periodically
  4. Continue to boil steak on medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until the steak is cooked to your specifications (med, well, etc)
  5. To serve, top steaks with onions (I used a slotted spoon to pull out just the onions to then adorn the tops of the steaks).










I paired this with a baked potatoe and side salad.  Like I said, I think I over did it a bit with the Roasted Red Pepper so be careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -