Monday, April 4, 2011

Mr.Recluse

Our little Mr.Beanpole has become Mr.Recluse as of late.  Hoping that it is just a phase he is going through.  All of a sudden he doesn't want to go to grandmas, doesn't want to go into the older class at church, always hanging onto Mommy.

When we drop him off at grandmas he is very concerned when we are going to pick him up.  Of course he doesn't really have a concept of time just yet so it is always, you will eat lunch, take a nap and then I will be back to pick you up or if husband and I are going out for the evening then it is ....after dinner, bath and Hi Ho we will be back.  (Hi Ho is Snow White his all time fav movie at the moment).  We have never not picked him up obviously.  And we always return pretty close to the time we say.  Again since he doesn't have a concept of time yet, it seems odd that he is so concerned.  Not to mention that when it is in the evening that he is at grandmas for our date night, half the time when we come to pick him up he is asleep so if we were a little bit later, he would never know.

And church, he loves church.  He has such a soft spot for God. He always wants us to bless our food.  He loves to sing his little heart out to "Holy Is the Lord".  When it comes on the radio he says, "There's my holy".  Loves the little finger plays and activities they do in class.  So I am not sure why all of a sudden he doesn't want to go into his class.  The teachers in the class are wonderful and he knows all the kids so it is the weirdest thing.  Yesterday he stayed in the younger room the whole time. 

For me, any time I leave the house to just run to the store without him, he is concerned and crys.  Wants to know when I will be back and then when I get back he says I took a long time.  I went to the store the other day and literally was gone maybe 20 mins max and he said I took too long.  He isn't this way with Dad only with me. 

I love this little man to death so it is very upsetting that he is being like this.  He is normally so happy go lucky and very adaptable.  He usually just goes with the flow.

The two older kids I don't recall ever going through this phase. 

What to do?  Have you experienced this with your small children?  How did you handle it?



2 comments:

  1. I am not certain how old he is. It is quite natural for children to go through this type of stage. I can not say for sure how long it will last. You are doing a good job of handling it. Not all children go through this stage. I have been through this with 3 of my 5 children. It is good to give them the steps of how things are going to work out. Even though he can not tell time.
    With my children I would give a daily out line of what we would be happening, it was a general on specific out line of the day. Example:
    after breakfast we will get dressed, then go to the following stores. When we get back home we will read a book, have lunch then you will lay down for a rest... I hope this is helping. I have done this for years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter did that too. One of my twins does it, but not as much as my daughter did. The other twin, no way, he's always ready to go. He asked me if I could drop him off at a friends house and leave. Haha. Good luck, here's to hoping it gets better soon!
    www.rebeccabany.com

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -