Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Over"Whelmart"

I don't usually shop at Walmart because it is so overwhelming...

Too many people...
Too big of a store...
Too many selections...
Too bright...
Sometimes too dirty...
Too many check out lanes (and over half not even open)...
Too many carts...

I could go on....

I pull into the parking lot and many times I end up making a quick detour out  the next entry/exit.  The number of cars in the parking lot alone give me anxiety because I know for each car there is probably at *least* two people.

I am not anti social, not afraid of big crowds nor do I have a medical social anxiety disorder....I just don't *like* Walmart.  Plain and simple.

But....

Yes, there is always a but...

I think I am going to have to get over *it* because they take other stores coupons now!  Did you hear?  Walmart takes other stores coupons.  Follow the link to get all the details.  I know they updated their coupon policy about a month ago but apparently I am a little slow.  Actually, I have known about it since the update but just didn't have a post to share it in until now.

Albertsons used to do that therefore that was always my "go to" store but now that Walmart is picking up the slack...being the frugal person that I am, I am going to have to bite the bullet and shop there...Maybe not all the time but at least some of the time.

I do think however I am going to shop during off hours, like my daughter does.  Seriously, she shopped at Walmart a few nights ago in the middle of the night.  I know a bit crazy.  Kinda funny too that she works at another competitor who will remain anonymous but shops there.  And did I mention my frugalness has rubbed off on her and then some?  I would even say she has me beat most of the time. 

She came home one night after a trip to Walgreen's where she bought (8) containers of the Physicians Formula foundation (originally I think $13.99 each) and walked out spending $1.83 if I recall.  She had BOGO coupons, plus rewards, plus regular coupons..I was astounded.  She did a similar thing for a bunch of cleaning products that she now has on hand at her new apartment.  Hope they are being put to good use because when she was at home, I think she was *allergic* to cleaning products. 

I did find a pair of shoes at Walmart today that I will brag about because they were only $10.00!  Figured you can't beat that.  Hopefully, they will hold up for awhile.  I am not the typical woman in the sense that I love shoes.  I don't.  I have many pairs but yet I still gravitate to a select few pairs.  Namely black and comfortable.




Cute?  I know nothing to write home about.  I like them though and since I am wearing them that is all that matters, right? 


Where do you tend to shop the most? 

Have you found some good deals lately that you want to brag about?

Do you use coupons?   How much money do you save on average?



2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about WalMart! The people don't drive me as crazy as the time it takes to get in and out of a supercenter. I love that we are now again close to one of the WalMart Neighborhood Markets (groceries & toiletries only)and also Aldi (just about my fave store!). I do use coupons, but I'm trying to become better at it~although I'll never be *extreme*:) Thanks for the heads up on the new WM coupon policy!
    And thanks for following, too! I'm not your newest follow here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate Walmart for all the reasons you mentioned. I wish there were more choices of stores like there used to be. But I get my bulk items from Walmart. I tend to shop Target for nominal household items. Other than that....you won't find me anywhere other than a Kohl's, supermarket or Trader Joes. And online.

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -