Thursday, April 28, 2011

Stuff My Dad Says

You heard of the show *^%$ My Dad Says? 

My dad had a bunch of funny sayings he used to say to me....that now of course I have incorporated into my vocabulary as a parent...I keep catching myself saying these funny sayings so I thought I would share them.

Your Crusin for a Bruisin (he wasn't abusive or anything so don't think that by the saying)

He would sometimes ask me if I needed an Attitude Adjustment when I was being a pill which was often rare. (First couple times he said this, I thought this was a good thing...and then I wised up)

Of course he always called me and my cousins, Rugrats, long before the show since I was born in the 70's.

When I would whine and whine and whine, he would ask me if I wanted some cheese with that whine (wine)?  (that is a big one I say these days to our 3 yr old)

Were you born in barn?  For some reason we could NEVER shut the doors.  (Light bulb goes off; this is where our 3 yr old gets it.  I can't get that kid to shut the screen door or doors in general for that matter to save my life)

Stick it in your ear.  (He would say this when I would say something quite outlandish; kinda like "Your pulling my leg")

Stick it in your nose.  (Same as the above)

To the Moon (in reference to The Honeymooners.  I wrote a post about this awhile back)

When it was time to go to bed, he would always sing that Sha-Na-Na song, Good Night Sweetheart.  Remember that song?  I can hear my dad singing it now.


I am sure there are tons more but these are the ones that quickly come to mind.


Do you have any funny sayings that your mom or dad said when you were growing up that now have become part of your vocabulary?  Please share them.



3 comments:

  1. My Mom used the old "You must like hearing me yell".....more often than I care to remember!!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we'd whine, Dad would threaten to send us to the "whine cellar".

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! It's so funny when we are in the middle of telling our children something and realize it was the same thing our parents told us.
    Have a great weekend!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -