Thursday, January 6, 2011

Boob Tube

Ahhem...I said...Boob...hehehe

Yeah, not sure where that name came from...but my dad used to call our television, The Boob Tube.  Have you ever heard that term? Maybe because it acted as a pacifier of some sort to his small child (i.e. me)?


I don't know because I don't recall being pacified a whole lot by TV growing up.  I mean there were the usual shows that I would watch after school: Punky Brewster, Mr Belvedere, Different Strokes, Facts of Life, Silver Spoons, Webster, Threes Company... OK, wow, maybe I did watch a little too much TV.  Hmm....Those shows were the best though.  They sure don't make them like they used to.

What prompted this post was I was listening to the radio yesterday and heard that people spend on average 34 hours a week in front of the TV these days...Yikes!  That is a lot of unproductive time.  Almost like a full time job.  That just seems like an awful lot of time in front of the TV.  And with all the different medias these days I thought for sure sitting in front of the TV actually watching regular TV was decreasing....With the Internet, Wii, Play Stations, Ipods, Kindle, etc...Go figure...

I do like to sit and watch a good show every now and again.  And I do get addicted to a few... ahem...reality shows (Survivor, Hells Kitchen....) Did I just admit to that? But 34 hours?  I don't have enough time to watch TV for 34 hours...I am working, blogging, watching my children, blogging, taking care of our home, blogging, cooking, blogging....(not necessarily in that order).


34 hours?  Really?  How much TV does your family watch?  Do you limit the amount of time your children watch?  What are some of your "old school" favorite shows?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -