Tuesday, January 11, 2011

So What?

They didn’t win…..They played a good game right down to the end.  A bit nail biting that’s for sure.  I actually had to close my eyes and plug my ears on several occasions there the last couple minutes because I was so nervous for them.   I thought for sure we were going to be able to hold them and we probably would have been able to force the over time had they not already been so close to the end zone.   I knew however once they started running the clock down so they could make that one last kick that it was over.



22-19!


It was an AWESOME game.  The DUCKS played their hearts out and sure did not go down without a fight.  I think both teams were pretty evenly matched.  And hey, we are still the PAC 10 Champions! That has to mean something, right?


I heard one of the after game interviewers asked a player what Chip Kelly said to the players in the locker room after the game and the player said that Chip said something along the lines of this, “It is just a game, it is not the most important thing in your life.  You will go on to get married, have families, careers, etc that will be much more defining. “ 

What a way to put it in perspective for these young, impressionable college football players that although this was a BIG part of their lives at the moment, it will most likely not be one that defines who they are or who they become.  It is just one day of the rest of their lives!

Chip Kelly what a great team leader! 


Way to go DUCKS! See you next season!


Quack! Quack!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -