Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Leaving Eden


I am leaving a delightful paradise; my Eden.  All that I know; leaving all my comforts behind. 

As I type this I am sitting at the airport getting ready to board my plane for my trip to Ethiopia.  I have just left my friends and family, all that I am, behind in Portland, Oregon to travel to an unfamiliar place far, far, away.

When I walked through the security gate leaving my family, watching them wave goodbye and Hayden, my very inquisitive silly boy, doing somersaults, my heart leapt into my throat knowing that I would not be seeing them for two weeks. 

Two weeks seems like a lifetime right now.

I know in a day or so I am going to thirst for my babies and my husband. To touch them, to smell them, to hold them, to love on them. 

Two weeks seems like a lifetime right now.

I have never been away from my family for this long.

My husband said it best in a text he sent me not to long after they left the airport:  "You are my breath, part of me is gone. 1-4-3"

I am missing them already and I am not even off the ground.









4 comments:

  1. Melanie here! I enjoyed this piece, please email me--I have a question about your blog. MelanieLBowen[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck Jenn - hope all goes well, can't wait for pics and words. I went to the US in 2005 for 2 weeks and that was the first time I was away from my family. It's hard and boy does it make you appreciate them all the more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must be incredibly be hard. Hopefully the 2 weeks will pass quickly and you will be back with your family before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you! Make sure you post lots of pictures. Ah, does that mean we have to wait two weeks?? Sigh...

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -