Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Music To My Ears



Music speaks to me.

So often times I find myself lost in the music as I am driving into work. 

This past week I found my Beaches soundtrack and played several of the songs over and over again as I drove.  Memories.  Music brings back so many memories.  Good, bad, indifferent.  Give me a "hit" song and I can probably tell you the singer, what year it came out and what I was doing that year.  One of those silly personality quirks I have.  That and silly Pop Culture.  Love it! 

My husband and I love music.  And it is looking like the littles are liking it to.  Kaylyn is so cute she bops her head back and forth when we turn on any music and Hayden, well, you know he is a drummer (LOL).  Tyler loves music and loves to sing.  At any given time, you can find him in his room, rocking out to Christian contemporary (or sometimes not).  He is a teenager so there is definitely some music that I find excruciatingly painful to listen to but I try not to shelter him to much. 

During the summer here in Portland, there are lots of FREE outdoor concerts that we go to.  And of course we try and go to as many Christian Concerts too.    And if you have never been to a Christian concert, you are missing out.  Religious or not, they are so uplifting and cheap! 

This past weekend we went and saw Jimmy Needham, Trip Lee and Andy Cherry in their  Grace Amazing Tour for $10!  And while I am gone in Ethiopia The Rock & Worship Road Show is in town which has 7 well known acts for $10 at the door.

MercyMe
10th Ave North
Lecrae
.
.
.
.
.
.
Many others....

This will be the first RWRS that I have missed in several years, a little bit sad BUT the silver lining.....

I am going to Ethiopia!  (I leave next Wed!).


How does music impact you? 


music_not...







Music is the universal language of mankind~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow



RIP Whitney Houston.  A star dimmed to soon.




2 comments:

  1. Next Wednesday, no wonder the insomnia is kicking in. Songs are so good for bringing back memories, I find I'm just as bad with smells. Music and scents - and the memories come flooding back.
    Every time I hear a song by the Cars it takes me back to Portland, Oregon because they were big on the radio in 1987 when I was there LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way about music. I can hear a song and remember exactly when it came out and what was going on in my life at that time. Beaches was such a great soundtrack! Wind Beneath My Wings still makes my cry.

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -