Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Keepin' It Real



I was reading one of my favorite blogs today, Inspiration To Dream, by Fi from over in the Down Under and she was quite terse in her words about people judging others, judging others anonymously especially which I agree is the most cowardly of acts in the blogosphere.  Speaking from first hand experience, I know when I have been 150% authentic in my posts about my dreams, my passions, the direction in life our family is going, etc, I have received some not so nice comments i.e. judged.  I think that right there is the reason why so many people in the blogosphere are not TRULY authentic.  So often we (including me at times) are in fear of ruffling feathers, stepping on someones *fingers*, offending someone and I say ENOUGH is ENOUGH. 

If you are brave enough to have a blog, putting yourself out there for ridicule, BE WHO YOU ARE, without the fear; it is YOUR blog! You make the rules.  Like I have said a few times to the people that have left unpleasant comments, if you don't like what I am writing about, if you don't agree, fine, but you don't have to be a jerk about it.   The solution is simple: DON'T read my blog.  Turn off the computer and move along.

Even with critics, I, for one, will continue to blog about the good, the bad and the ugly of our lives trials and tribulations because that is WHO I am and I can not be anybody other than that.  With that in mind, the blogs that I follow and comment on regularly are similar as well.  The people are real, their stories are sometimes very raw, they live and love life even with the ups and downs. 

Be true to you!  That is what really matters in the end.


Image Detail


4 comments:

  1. Totally agree about keeping it real! There are too many people using blogs to paint a picture of a "Leave it to Beaver" life that is not real. So, bloggers that keep it real are refreshing.

    However, I will say that though I support keeping it real, I also think that blogs should not be used to share every detail of our lives and every single opinion we have. We must be wise, prudent, thoughtful, and mature about the words we are posting for all to see. Our lives include other people, who may not appreciate being blogged about. I have been the target of a passive-agressive blogger and it is really hurtful. There are things best kept in our personal journals or best said to people in person.

    Just to be clear, I have never seen anything like this on your blog. I just wanted to share another perspective from someone who has seen blogs be used as a tool to tear others down and cause dissention. Food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ALWAYS like it REAL, and TRUTHFUL. I believe in disagreeing without being hateful. I believe we are all children of God and loved by Him, but we don't all live by Him,--the world rules of living differentiate, and that's what brings forth hatred. It's sad. But, keep it real no matter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good point. I do think we can disagree and have a conversation, but it doesn't have to be ugly. I've left group after group on the internet, before finding blogs, because of that hatred. I love a good debate that will get me thinking, but in the end each party should understand that we all have our views and disagreeing doesn't make a person terrible. I hope that makes sense.

    I love Fi's blog, too, by the way!

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -