Friday, November 12, 2010

Breakfast For Dinner

I made one of the dinners off of halfhourmeals.com last night. 

We had breakfast for dinner in the form of a Spinach Cheese Pie like Quiche but without the crust (is it really considered quiche or a pie for that matter, if it has no crust?).  

I also made a few minor changes/additions.

Here is what I did:

2 c. cottage cheese
10-oz. pkg. frozen choppped spinach, thawed and drained (you can use canned spinach but drain well OR use fresh and spread on top of everything before adding the top layer of cheese)
½ c. diced tomotoe
3 eggs
1/4 c. butter, melted
2 T. all-purpose flour
2 t. dried, minced onion
Salt & Pepper to taste

Combine ingredients in order listed; mix well. Spread into a greased 1-1/2 quart baking dish. 
**This literally took me 10 mins tops to put everything together including dicing the tomotoe and onion** 


Spread 1 c. chedder cheese on the top.


Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees until center is set, about 45 minutes. Makes 8 servings.

**I actually cooked it for a little bit longer to make sure it was “firm”.  I served hash browns on the side**

I thought it was YUMMY....the kids not so much because of the spinach!  Oh well, I will cut out the spinich next time and maybe add sausage or something.  Better luck next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -