Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Dust Bunnies

I must, I must, I must decrease this dust….

Right now you are probably scurrying around doing that last minute shopping for those forgotten items, mopping/dusting and scrubbing before everyone shows up for the big day (except your not because you are reading this blog instead)…I should be doing that but I am not because I am writing this blog….Most of my shopping is done and cleaning well.... it has left something to be desired but that’s ok…


Remember ladies (and gents), imperfection is ok.  Nobody will care if there is layer of dust underneath the DVD player, spaghetti sauce splattered in the microwave, bathrooms trash cans not clean as a whistle, that they can’t eat off your floor (who would want to do that anyways even if they were spic-n-span?). 

Take a break, put your feet up (ok, maybe not) but do what you can do without killing yourself to do so….

Remember do the things that people will see (do not clean out the closets and garage), like the common areas: the kitchen where most people will congregate I am sure, the living room for watching football, maybe the family room if you have one where people can hang out and play games.  

Keep your cleaning short and sweet though, try not to break a sweat and clean as you go while in the kitchen so you don't have as big of a mess when you are done. 

Here in a little bit I am going to set my timer and do some "speed" cleaning.  Typically when I do this I set my timer for 20 mins and clean as much as I can.  My speed cleaning mostly includes putting items where they belong (dirty dishes in dishwasher, shoes in closets, laundry in laundry room), wiping tables and counters down, empty bathroom trashes, rinsing out sinks....You get the point...No heavy duty cleaning allowed...You will not find me scrubbing the kitchen floor with a toothbrush anytime soon.

And then I am going to move onto the more important things like starting the food prep for tomorrow...and thinking about all the things that I am thankful for...

Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -