Friday, December 10, 2010

5 on Friday

Another 5 ingredient main dish that I prepared this week.  Too bad I couldn't taste it.  I have been fighting a bad cold that has since turned into a full blown sinus infection and bronchitis.  I was told they smelled and tasted good.  I will definitely have to cook them again when my smell and taste come back.

 

Now this dish wouldn't normally be a 5 ingredient dish but because I took a short cut, it worked out to be just that...

 

Ingredients

  • 6 green bell peppers
  • 1-2 pounds ground beef
  • 1 can of diced tomatoes (with celery and onion bits)  **This is my shortcut. Counted as one item even though really 3 separate items had I used fresh items**
  • 1 cup cooked  brown rice
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions 

  1. In a large skillet, cook beef until browned. Drain off excess fat.
  2. Stir in the can of diced tomatoes, continue to simmer on low.
  3. Cook 1 cup of brown rice based on cooking directions until tender. 
  4. Mix beef and tomatoes into pot of brown rice. 
  5. Slice your green peppers in half, remove seeds and "innards"
  6. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. (175 degrees C).
  7. Stuff each pepper with the beef and rice mixture, and place peppers open side up in a lightly greased casserole baking dish.
  8. Bake  for 25 to 35 minutes.
  9. Sprinkle Mozzarella Cheese on top of peppers the last 5 minutes.
I paired this with corn as the side dish.  To spice it up a little bit more you can also use salsa instead of the the diced tomatoes.







Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -