Monday, December 13, 2010

O' Christmas Tree, O'Christmas Tree

Our $10.00 tree.  Yes, it only cost us $10.00! 

In years past, we typically have gone to a U-cut farm.   Where we end up spending half of the day, walking around a local Christmas tree farm, in the cold, wet mud in search of that "perfect" tree .  All the while children grumbling (and probably adults too) about this, that and the other (I'm cold, I'm hungry, my feet are wet)...then when we finally find *THE* tree one of us has to lay down in the muck to cut it (not going to be me!) AND then we have to haul it back to the car and tie it down on our roof.  AND probably pay anywhere from $30.00-$50.00 for it. (gasp)  (Can you tell not too much of a fan of these adventures these days...I know Bah, Humbug).

But this year, since I have been sick and we have a 7 month old baby we "cheated" and bought it at a local church tree lot. It was the easiest Christmas tree "adventure"  that I can ever recall.  I didn't even get out of the van.  My husband and 12 yr old picked it out, the tree lot volunteer hauled it to our van, put it on our roof, tied it down and off we went.  We were in and out of there in 10 mins!  Heck , you can't even go through a fast food drive thru that fast.

It was nice too because the trees were donated to the church tree lot to sell which is why they were able to turn around and sell them for cheap-cheap.  And the best part of it, is not only was it good on our pocket book, but the money they make is going to the Missions that East Hill support. 


It is a Win, Win, Win situation if you ask me. 

WIN for not having to traipse around in the cold looking for the perfect tree
WIN for our pocket book
WIN for the missions that the money is supporting


Here is our $10.00 tree...















And our Nativity Scene on top of our mantel...




And here is our Hayden using the tree skirt as a blanky...












All in unison now....Ahhhh...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -